Way of the Writer
Saturday, August 28, 2004
 
Comic books and writing


Read some comic books today, finally catching up with my reg prescripts.

Wow! The ending of Astonishing X-men #4 actually surprised me. And the beginning of the Avengers: Dissembled storyline's looking like it will be interesting.

Wish I could say the same about Wonder Woman #207. I'm still ambivalent about Rucka's run and am beginning to understand why folks are considering his pacing to be a bit slow.

Then there's Superman #208.

I normally don't collect the Man of Steel. But I've always liked Lee's art and so decided to give the issues a shot. Oops! The so-called more "realistic" dialogue with lack of explanation is beginning to wear on my nerves, not entice me to get the next issue. Wish I had held off until the collected book was released.

Now, where's those other issues...?



Image found on the Internet and all rights belong to its owner.

Spent a good portion of the day working on my works-in-progress. Yikes! Fallen so far behind in all of them. I created files for those I had notes, outlines, and even chapters and was surprised when I read the seven excellent results. Wow. Muse peered with interest and became excited that I had to shoo Her out of the room to keep the peace. Fortunately, the few folks in the coffee shop barely noticed (though I bet the staff was annoyed again with the glitter.) A good beginning.

Comments:
I'm hoping my muse in no way resembles the guy in the photo! :)
 
I hated the way they killed Colossus, but once he's dead, he should stay dead. And you just know Jean Gray will be back. I hate Cyclops with Emma Frost, but not so much that I want to see another return from the dead. The fan buzz, though, is that Jean will end up with Logan this time around. That might be interesting.
 
I like the twist with Cyclops and the White Queen.

Wolverine and Phoenix? Permanently? That'll be interesting if it happens. Especially if they're all living under the same roof.
 
I like the twist with Cyclops and the White Queen.

Wolverine and Phoenix? Permanently? That'll be interesting if it happens. Especially if they're all living under the same roof.
 
Emma is annoying. You just want to slap the crap out of her. What would Scott see in her? Besides that body in that revealing white leather costume, of course.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger