Way of the Writer
Thursday, October 21, 2004
 
***98 words an hour***
I read in the NaNoWriMo forums how one participant had calculated that one could complete the goal by writing approximately 98 words per hour. Seven hours of sleep were included in the calculation. As I previously commented, I found the figure psychologically comforting even though impossible.

But wouldn't an attempt be fun to try? I'm thinking, just for grins, selecting a day and see if I can write 1666 words (which would be 98 words per hour for the 17 remaining hours of a day.) That means scheduling no major activities for that day such as working out, long lunch (more than 45 minutes), etc. Just sit and write 98 words on the hour, every hour.

The day will have to be either a Saturday or Sunday. Hmmm. What's R.'s on-call schedule for November again?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger