Way of the Writer
Wednesday, November 10, 2004
 
***Book signing***

On Saturday, November, 6th, I attended author Jacqueline Carey's signing of her latest book, Banewreaker. We had a brief chat before she began: I attended her book tour of the Kushiel series last year and, though she didn't remember me, she remembered some of the questions asked.

Some of the highlights from the Banewreaker signing:



Ms Carey also fielded some questions about the Kushiel books. I found it very interesting (and telling) that the BDSM community is using the marks system found in the books as part of their own (in a similar vein to Heinlein's Stranger in a Strange Land sparked a new religion.)

Overall, a wonderful signing. Ms Carey was a pleasant speaker. I can't wait to start on Kushiel's Dart, the first book of the series.


Comments:
Man, I am always jealous when I read about all these great book signings you're able to go to. My little town doesn't have them.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger