Way of the Writer
Tuesday, August 24, 2004
 
So much to write and there's never enough time!


One of the promises I made to myself is to review at least every novel I finish. I later mentally added discussing my experiences at author signing.

Well, you know what they say about making promises you can't keep.

Here's my current backlog of books to review since I started Way:


Here are the signings:


Whew! Thankfully I hadn't added my comic books, graphic novels, and role-playing game supplements to the review. Yet.

I know I can do review them all. In time. I need to determine in what order, though. Shall I start with most recent books and signings? Or start with the oldest? Want to get caught up by year's end, preferably earlier.

I also need to figure the nature of the posts for both Way and Forge and when to update (or to even keep the blogs). Ugh.

Decisions, decisions....



Image found on the Internet and all rights belong to their owners.

Comments:
Personally, I'd like to see what you thought of Blood Rites. It looked good in the amazon.com description.

Otherwise, I'd start with new books going forward for reviews.

(oh... and my tiny vote for including graphic novels as I've just gotten into them myself :D)

Sandra
 
Novels first. I'm always looking for something to read, and I like to weed out the marginal ones before I buy any. Reviews always help.
 
In the past few weeks, I read "The Honk and Holler Opening Soon," "Visions of Sugar Plums," "Ruins," "Monsieur Pamplemousse and the Secret Mission," "The Top 100 Zone Foods," "Two for the Dough," "Ice Hunt," "Ringworld's Children," "Sandstorm," "Circle of Stones," "Novel Voices," and "Ode to a Banker." I've been raiding my library lately.
 
I'd start with the oldest and work forward, and when you're caught up then you can review the "current" book. But the reality of this is it doesn't really matter since nothing's that old! So, that's no help, but... ;-)

Cheers,
Gary
http://www.inkmusings.com
 
Greetings from the Twilight Zone. My funny bone is still sore.

The roleplaying info got me poking around sites I used to frequent such as Chaosium and Glorantha. I don't play paper rpgs anymore but the books were awesome.

One thing is apparent here: we never have to force you to read! cheers
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger